2016-2017 Colloquium Series
The Tourism Studies Working Group is pleased to announce
A Book Project about: Tourism Governance
Meeting No.2 - October 21st
Seminar & Presentation - Amir Gohar, organizer
Doctoral Candidate, LAEP, UC Berkeley
Friday, Oct. 21, 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Gifford Room, 221 Kroeber Hal
University of California, Berkeley
THE BOOK PROJECT
The book aims to compare how tourism is shaped in different countries as a result of its governance system. Each chapter will be about 1 country describing its recent contemporarily tourism policies and how it is shaped. There will be a consistent outline (with some flexibility) to be able for each chapter to address the same issues, concerns, recommendations across wide range of countries from all over the world.
This will be the second meeting/seminar which will take place in the Gifford Room 5-7 pm on October 21st. Each Speaker will make a 10-minute presentation, with 5 minutes Q&A so participants can take notes and have a holistic understanding about tourism and tourism governance in the presented countries. Then after the short presentations the group will have time to discuss, compare and contrast different countries.
Later in the day we will discuss:
- The publisher
- The timeline
- The mini conference/meeting through the process where ALL participants meet.
- 5:00 5:15 Introducing the speakers + Setting up.
- 5:15 5:30 China - Zhong Jie, Visiting Scholar, UC Berkeley
- 5:30 5:45 Oman - Amna Alruheili, Doctoral Candidate, UC Berkeley
- 5:45 6:00 Spain - Mar Loren-Mendez, Professor Seville & University Visiting Scholar, UCB
- 6:15 6:30 USA - Dean MacCannell, Professor emeritus, UC Davis
- 6:30 6:45 Mexico - Matilde Córdoba Azcárate, Assist. Prof. UC San Diego (via Skype)
- 6:45 7:00 Summary + Group Discussion
- 7:00 7:30 Coming steps (publisher, dates, mini conference through the process)
Pizza & Drinks served during the group discussion
OVERALL PROJECT'S MEMEBERS' SHORT BIOS
The following link includes the overall [project participants, including those who are presenting on the 30th.