The Institute of Advanced Studies and Research on Tourism (IREST)
and the Tourism Studies Working Group (TSWG)
are proposing a conference on
Tourism and Eroticism: Tourisme et l’erotisme
Invitation to: Initial Planning Meeting: Friday 24th January 4-6 pm – 315A Wurster Hall.
The TSWG will continue our planning discussions for our upcoming international conference, on Tourism and Eroticism. The local hosts from Geneva, Additionally: Prof. Jean-Francois Staszak and Dr. Estelle Sohier will be visiting U C Berkeley in the week of February 7th 2014. Prof. Staszak will give a TSWG lecture on Friday 7th at 5.30 pm.
The planning meeting will continue our discussion of a large number of issues, including:
Dates of the meeting:
CFP: Call for Papers:
- Scope and themes for the conference
- Size of conference, i.e. number of sessions/days and size of panels
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts, and for announcing acceptances
- Deadline for early and regular Registration
- Costs for student and regular registration
- Accommodations, especially affordable for students/minimally employed
- Members and duties of Scientific Committee
- Plenary speakers (and paid attendance, if any)
- Distribution and publicity of Call for Papers
Please let me know IF YOU CAN ATTEND. Those who cannot attend,
PLEASE SEND SUGGESTIONS RE THE ABOVE MATTERS. Please also send
NAMES OF OTHER PEOPLE who ought to be involved, and
IMPORTANT REFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS on the topic. Thank you.
Nelson Graburn, firstname.lastname@example.org - 510-845-1537