The Institute of Advanced Studies and Research on Tourism (IREST)
and the Tourism Studies Working Group (TSWG)
are proposing a conference on
Tourism and Eroticism: Tourisme et l’erotisme
Invitation to: Initial Planning Meeting: Friday 24th January 4-6 pm – 315A Wurster Hall.
Within the next month the TSWG will hold important meetings to plan our next international conference, on Tourism and Eroticism. The local hosts from Geneva, Prof. Jean-Francois Staszak and Dr. Estelle Sohier will be visiting U C Berkeley in the week of February 7th 2014. Prof. Staszak will give a TSWG lecture on Friday 7th at 4.00 pm. They have suggested we have a general planning meeting either earlier that day or on Saturday 8th February.
The planning meeting will discuss a large number of issues:
Dates of the meeting: Preliminarily I have heard June 2015 suggested; not only does that allow us considerable preparation time, but the university dormitories will be available cheaper than hotels.
CFP: Call for Papers:
- Scope and themes for the conference
- Size of conference, i.e. number of sessions/days and size of panels
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts, and for announcing acceptances
- Deadline for early and regular Registration
- Costs for student and regular registration
- Accommodations, especially affordable for students/minimally employed
- Members and duties of Scientific Committee
- Plenary speakers (and paid attendance, if any)
- Distribution and publicity of Call for Papers
Financial Support: What should support pay for? What are the major expenses?
Meals, coffee and snacks, brochures and office supplies, posters etc.
What are the possible sources of support and who is responsible for contacting them
Accompanying activities: Excursions, entertainments and receptions, banquets
As our expected first speaker of the term is not available as planned for Friday 24th January,
I suggest that we meet at 4.00 pm as usual on Campus as a preliminary planning committee.
---Wurster Hall--Room 315A---January 24th from 4-6 pm
Please let me know IF YOU CAN ATTEND. Those who cannot attend,
PLEASE SEND SUGGESTIONS RE THE ABOVE MATTERS. Please also send
NAMES OF OTHER PEOPLE who ought to be involved, and
IMPORTANT REFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS on the topic. Thank you.
Nelson Graburn, email@example.com - 510-845-1537